The Hydraluron Family

Hydraluron has claimed a place in my heart/beauty bag ever since I first tried. As someone with dehydrated skin, it’s a total winner. Since then, the Hydraluron family has grown from one to three – with the addition of a moisture boosting mask, and a moisture jelly added to the original hydraluron serum.
hydraluron IMG_4659

Now, as I said I really do love Hydraluron and there would have to be something pretty impressive to make me want to stop using it and replace with something else – so I’m very happy to see this range expand. But the one thing I can’t quite get my head around around is how is the moisture jelly actually all that different to the original? Sure, you can apply all over the face…but I did that anyway with the original? The textures are very similar – it would take a geekier beauty blogger than me to really say they’re all that different. This isn’t necessarily a criticism at all – I really like the Moisture Jelly packaging and would probably opt for this over the original serum day to day since I can’t tell the difference between the two. Though the tube is still best for travel.

The masks – FYI – are fabulous. They’re sheet masks and they really pack a punch. Post Summer skin or maybe even morning-after skin? Will love this. I’m planning to pack these for night before (or morning of) the wedding.

All Hydraluron * family members are available from Boots (currently reduced prices)

1. Denise frost
    September 4, 2014 / 9:54 am

For me it’s the packaging. The jelly one is so easy to dispense and quick. But great product, wouldn’t be without it now.

2. Kay
    September 4, 2014 / 10:03 am

Interesting question – I looked up their ingredient lists a while ago when Boots had a deal on (1/3 off plus £5 off voucher in their magazine – so the tube was only £11.66 instead of £24.99 – bargain!) and they do contain different ingredients.

The tube: Water/Aqua/Eau, Propanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ahnfeltia Concinna Extract, Carbomer, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol

The jelly: WATER (AQUA / EAU), GLYCERIN, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERETH-26, CARBOMER, GLYCERYL POLYACRYLATE, TREHALOSE, UREA, STRELITZIA NICOLAI SEED ARIL EXTRACT, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, SERINE, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, ALGIN, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, PULLULAN, SODIUM HYALURONATE, POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL

Based on this I repurchased the tube but didn’t bother with the jelly as there is a much higher percentage of Sodium Hyaluronate in the tube and not as many ‘fillers’. 🙂

• Jen
      September 4, 2014 / 5:51 pm

You’re a much better beauty junkie than me! Very helpful – you’re very right they are different – but do feel fairly similar in consistency. But I think the original serum is my favourite!x

• Kay
        September 4, 2014 / 6:02 pm

Haha… You give me far too much credit!
        I agree with Nicole (posted below) that one is a serum and one is a moisturiser so they do have different purposes…

3. Josie
    September 4, 2014 / 11:11 am

Keep hearing great things about this – I need to try it!!

Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

4. September 4, 2014 / 12:52 pm

I’m not sure because I haven’t tried anything from that range (I know, I’m a bad beauty addict), but I thought the jelly was an actual moisturiser, while the original is a serum to be applied underneath moisturiser?

5. September 4, 2014 / 1:59 pm

I have recently seen the brand in Boots, never head of them before hand :O
    I will have to try out their products soon 🙂

loveonceupoadream.blogspot.ie

xoxo

6. September 7, 2014 / 10:34 am

I need to try this set, Hydraluron is raved about all the time and I’m missing out! The moisture booster is probably at the very top of my lust list and I can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharing x