Nars Penny Lane Creme Blush

Nars Penny Lane Cream Blush is something I heard a lot about, before I finally bought it. Now that I have it I wish I hadn’t waited for so long – it is easily going to be one of my make-up must haves from now on.

The blush is the perfect pale creamy shade with just enough of a shimmer to make cheeks glow, but not so much that it looks like a highlight. The pale pink will really suit any paler skin tone and it looks very much like my natural blush shade.

In typical Nars style – the packaging is lovely but gets dirty really easy.

I’ve used this almost every day since I got it about 6 weeks ago – and have barely made a dent (as you might be able to see in the picture – it looks just swatched really), so I do expect it to last pretty well. My one question is about the application – currently I just use my fingers, is there a brush out there that is good for applying cream blush?

Also, another question – I don’t have much Nars, what are the absolute stand out products that I should potentially get??

I think this blush is around the £20 mark over here – but this one was bought in America and I’m not 100% sure how much it was.

**The Small Print**

Bought myself (although technically picked up by my parents).

1. dani@callitbeauty
    August 8, 2010 / 7:06 am

ooh, that blush looks very pretty!

i’ve heard great things about nars sheer glow. i’ve tried a sample as well and i loved the coverage (medium-buildable). i don’t have anything from nars at the moment but the sheer glow foundation is on my to-buy list.

2. The Beauty Bite
    August 8, 2010 / 10:27 am

That blush is next on our list – it looks so pretty! The best brush we’ve used for creme blusher is the MAC 188 or 130. They really soften the appearance and leave the cheeks looking unbelievably natural.

Nars has so many amazing products. Like Dani said, the Sheer Glow base is an awesome foundation. We swear by the Nico blush as a highlighter, the Larger Than Life mascara for night time eyes, and the Multiples just because they are unique to the brand. The 2010 autumn range contains a really stunning blush – beautiful colour and wonderful quality. We have some swatches on our site if you fancy it.

xx

3. pelininstyle
    August 8, 2010 / 11:27 am

The color is perfect for me. I am using a Chanel version of yhis color at the moment. but I love Nars. I always apply the cream blushes with fingers,too:)

4. August 8, 2010 / 2:10 pm

their eyeshadow duos are great – unique colours and excellent quality and pigmentation. laguna bronzer is very popular and matches all skin tones. their powder blushes are also very good 🙂 xx

5. Sami
    August 8, 2010 / 9:27 pm

There’s a lot of hype over their multiples but i personally don’t see what the big deal is as they were hard to blend and very small! Sami x

6. August 12, 2010 / 11:17 am

I love this colour too! It’s one of my all time blush favourites as well – and it’s also gorgeous as a lipcolour. NARS is such an ace range and I’d go for anything in their colour palette, quite frankly, much more so than the foundations. Blush, eyecolours, lipsticks and lipglosses are my favourites.

7. Café Bellini
    August 17, 2010 / 8:35 pm

I just got the duo eyeshadow in Rajasthan and blush in Douceur from the fall collection. They’re both pretty but I LOVE Rajasthan, it is gorgeous! I’ve bought Penny Lane and haven’t tried it out yet!