The Chelsea Day Spa: Hydro Peptide Facial

I recently went along to The Chelsea Day Spa to experience their Hydro Peptide Facial. I was a bit of the naive side when I went along, thinking hydropeptide was just the name of the facial rather than the name of the products being used – if that makes any sense. You know how some facials are described in a way that kinda illustrates the results but could be using any products? Might just be me…

But anyway, hydropeptide is the name of the product range used during the facial, before I get into the review below are a few details about the hydropeptide. Now I may have done a whole A level in Biology, but I’m no scientist so below is a bit of information from the hydropeptide website about peptides & why they use them in the range:

Peptides are basically tiny protein fragments (or small chains of amino acids) that increase cellular communication within the skin. Various types of peptides exist with various functions. Peptides help promote natural elements of healthy skin including collagen production (which helps plump the skin), and neuropeptides helps relax repetitive facial muscle contractions (which softens wrinkles).

Which I basically translate into: peptides help keep skin moisturised and thus help reduce signs of ageing. Sign me up!

I do tend to have quite dehydrated skin, which can emphasise the fine lines I have developing around my eyes and make me quite conscious of them. So I am constantly working to keep my skin as hydrated as possible and I’m always interested in hearing about products and treatments that can help me out with this.

The Chelsea Day Spa is located just off of the swanky King’s Road and on first impressions it seems quite small it actually extends over a couple of floors. Whilst the reception area is compact, the treatment rooms are nice and spacious and lovely and quiet.

The facial was an hour long and I was genuinely disappointed when it was all over. It was so relaxing, the treatment room was so quiet and peaceful and the therapist was lovely & friendlyso I felt extremely comfortable.

Starting with a thorough cleanse followed by lovely facial massage with various moisturising lotions and potions. It felt so nice to include the pressure point massage in the massage – something so simply as applying pressure to the temples is so tension relieving!

At the end of the facial my skin felt really fantastic – completely moisturised and I actually felt happy to leave without wearing any make-up. This is really unusual as my skin can be sensitive and tends to go quite red after facial treatments. But this one just left my skin wonderfully soft, smooth and plumped up.

The best thing about this facial? Partly the whole process being so relaxing and with lovely immediate results but also the fact that the results lasted. I had the facial a few days before a long-haul flight, which normally leaves my skin dryer than a crusty leaf but not this time – my skin remained soft, not tight and with no dryness at all. Honestly, one of the best facials I have had.

I definitely feel that this facial is well worth the £80 cost for the treatment when the results aren’t just a one-day thing. There is also a 30 min version of the treatment available for £50 if you are pushed for time.

The Chelsea Day Spa
2nd & 3rd floor
69a King’s Road,
London
SW3 4NX
020 7351 0911

Facial provided for PR review.

1. Jo
    May 17, 2011 / 7:03 pm

I would think hydropeptide is just the name of the facial too…! Been looking into getting a nice hydrating or even anti aging facal for a few weeks now, just can’t decide what to go for! This sounds perfection but i don’t live in London – bummer.

2. Anonymous
    May 18, 2011 / 5:38 pm

I have been using HydroPeptide for 2 weeks now and and have never used anything with such fast results. I will have to go in an try the facial. Are there any deals in the facial?

3. Anonymous
    March 5, 2012 / 11:55 am

This place is a joke. Booked for 3 people to have treatments on the same day via Groupon in August 2011 for my boyfriends Mums Birthday. The earliest we could all be seen was 08/03/2012 and even then not at or near the same time. I had to call an 0845 number in order to book or query anthing regarding the booking as I could not deal with the spa directly. Finally on the morning of the appointments I was contacted to be informed that all 3 of us had been cancelled due to 1 staff member being off sick. It was obvious that they were cancelling customers booked via Groupon and I was not given any alternative times for any of us to come on that day. The earliest I was offered a another time was sometime in April. I have now requested a refund from Groupon and have explained my issues. This level of service is unacceptable in an industry that promotes relaxation and well being. I would advise anyone who would like to have an experience with the outcome being positive to give this place wide berth. A shocking way to treat people.

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2012 / 5:58 pm

I have literally just had the same experience with them. They cancelled my appointment three hours before it was supposed to start, saying that the therapist was sick. They are being very rigid on rescheduling it and have offered me no compensation/gesture. This is particularly poor, considering the fact that they maintain a customer cancellation policy and so would penalise customers for last minute cancellations – but apparently don’t hold themselves to account in the same way. Rubbish customer service too.

4. September 29, 2012 / 9:39 am

We have just started to use Hydropeptide in our Day Spa and the results are amazing, the products are fabulous and your skin looks so much clearer, smoother and hydrated, highly recommended.

5. October 29, 2013 / 9:50 am

I love Hydropeptide, I’m such a huge fan and it makes me feel great!

6. August 1, 2014 / 3:50 pm

Can I simply say what a comfort to uncover somebody
    who actually knows what they’re talking about on the web.
    You actually realize how to bring a problem to light and
    make it important. More and more people really need to
    read this and understand this side of the story. I was surprised that you’re not more popular given that you most certainly have the gift.