When it comes to beauty boxes I think there are two sides – the ones who like surprises and are happy to sign up to a mystery box delivery that can be hit or miss, and the ones who want a box filled with decent sized samples of brands they have heard of and trust as a way to perhaps ‘try before you buy’ in larger sizes. The Tili QVC Beauty Box (available here) is for the latter – a camp I well and truly fall into – and I have a whole post to showcase exactly what you can expect to find if you order one of their latest boxes. Plus it gives you a good indicator of the sort of thing to expect overall.
Post sponsored by QVC
Before I get into the detail of exactly what is inside I wanted to touch on the price up front, because this is the bit that impresses me the most. In general, the big difference between the ‘surprise’ box or the ‘try before you buy’ type box is price – with the former being cheaper and latter being more pricey. There is a price difference, but at £20 for the QVC Tili Box it’s a VERY modest difference to the formers’ £12/£13 range, and for a box filled with decent sized sample products of premium and well known brands this is well worth noting. Very good value for money.
But the biggest question is – what’s in the Tili box?
- 1 x Alpha-H Liquid Rose Gold (50ml) – NEW. A limited edition classic Liquid Gold glycolic acid base with rose, sacred lotus and orchid petal. A gentler version of the original which is perfect for dry or sensitive skin. A product that’s exclusive to qvcuk.com
- 1 x OPI Fiji Collection Nail Polish (15ml) – Each box will include one from the new SS17 Fiji collection. Shades include: Getting Nadi On My Honeymoon (lilac-toned pastel pink), Polly Want a Lacquer? (lavender), I Can Never Hut Up (grey holographic shimmer), Suzi Without a Paddle (pastel blue), Two-timing the Zones (vibrant candy pink), Living On the Bula-vard! (coral red), Do You Sea What I Sea? (shimmering royal blue), or Is that a Spear in Your Pocket (teal)
- 1 x Vita Liberata 10 Minute Tan (20ml) – The perfect tan for anyone short on time – apply, wait 10 minutes and shower off. DONE. 20ml is a good size to try all over.
- 1 x Erno Laszlo Cleansing Oil and Cleansing Bar (15ml and 17g) – a pair of luxe double cleanse products, combining an oil and a cleansing bar to get every last bit of grime off.
- 1 x It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream (4ml) in medium – This stuff deserves a stand alone blog post. If you haven’t tried it then this alone is a reason to try this box. Light feeling but effective coverage. A new personal favourite.
- 1 x Julien Farel Vitamin Shampoo (50ml) – Promising ‘anti-ageing for hair’, great if your hair needs a bit of TLC.
- 1 x Julien Farel Vitamin Conditioner (50ml) – The conditioner partner for the above shampoo.
- 1 x Ultrasun Face SPF30 (25ml) – If you caught my skincare takeover week then you will know how I feel about Ultrasun. It’s been my brand of choice for any recent trips away. The face SPF30 is a great starter for the brand (I really recommend the Tan Activator range – amazing if you want to protect whilst also having a bit of colour).
- 1 x Benefit Roller Lash (3g) – My favourite of the Benefit mascara family – offering curl and length. Perfect trial or handbag/gymbag size.
- 1 x Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml) – An absolute classic, if you haven’t tried this yet then you need to. A creamy cleanser that removes dirt/make-up without stripping skin. So many swear by this product for good reason.
Not bad for £20 right? Oh and that £20 includes p&p too – so no hidden charges or checkout surprises!
The box is a one-off purchase, so you’re not tied into a subscription, it’s basically a good chance to give yourself a treat. Try a few products in smaller sizes before you shell out for the full sized ones. Which is exactly the whole concept for the box – Tili stands for Try-It-Love-It, so you can try it and then if you love it, splurge on the product in full size. All products and brands are ones sold via QVC of course so you know where to go if you want to stock up on one or more.
The ‘top picks’ for me in this box:
The IT Cosmetics CC Cream – A new favourite of mine, really recommend trying if you like a light feeling base but want some coverage too. Added bonus of high SPF.
Ultrasun Face SPF30 – Perfect handbag size to take on the go, a brand I love and totally trust for sun protection.
The OPI Nail Polish – I have the shade Suzi without a paddle, which is a lovely pale blue. But the thing I like most about this is that it’s a new season collection. It’s all too often in other boxes you get a bit of a dud when it comes to nail colours. Either older shades or ones that have clearly been sat in the warehouse for sometime. So seeing a full size of a new collection gets the thumbs up from me.
The Alpha H Liquid Rose Gold – I love the original so excited to try this. A gentle version of the original with added rose and botanicals. Plus it has a pretty bottle…
Overall Tili box is a great value way to try before you buy on a number of new season, exciting products plus some classics (hello Benefit & Liz Earle) that you either might not have tried OR you have tried and liked so it’s handy to have smaller travel sized versions.
No commitment, £20 including p&p and 10 great products to try. A great box filled with great products – old and new! Let me know what you think – tempted by this box?!
The Tili Box is on sale now: Tili – Try It Love It QVC Beauty Box (£20 – including p&p) – They are limited though so move quick if you fancy one!
Post sponsored by QVC