Accessorize make-up: pretty pink blush

I’ve been looking forward to this collection hitting stores since I went to the launch in the summer. I really didn’t know what to expect when I was going to see the preview but left feeling impressed and excited.

So there was some mystery around the collections launch date – it was meant to be September 30th according to the release but seemed it wasn’t easy to find until the past week when it started popping up in shops.

So when in saw the stand being filled in the superdrug near where I work I had to pick up a couple of bits- I was mostly keen to try the blushers so chose ‘pretty pink’, the palest shade – the one that had grabbed my attention at the preview. Plus a nail varnish – more on this in another post.

The blusher is meant to cost £5 but when I checked my receipt I was charged £5.50 – not a huge deal, but kinda annoying…

I was very excited to use it but when I did I was a little bit let down. Because the colour is pale it applies more like a highlighted than blusher – it’s a very pretty colour so it doesn’t disappoint on that front but to achieve colour I would use something else. Im thinking of also picking up one of the brighter shades, either ‘Starlet’ or ‘Diva’ – so would love to hear what others think if you have already tried it?

Despite the colour being a bit too pale for a blusher this is still a nice product (excuse the hairband mark on wrist in pic above). Smooth and easy to apply – it doesn’t go chalky and will make a lovely peachy highlighter as the shimmer adds a pretty glow.

I bought this from Superdrug in Ealing Broadway which has lots of Accessorize make up stock last time I went in.
**The Small Print**
Bought by me!

1. LatBeautyAddict
    November 10, 2010 / 2:09 pm

I’ve got Pretty Pink and Starlet! Using pretty pink more as a highlighter. LOVE LOVE LOVE starlet – already reviewed as well.

Lx

2. November 10, 2010 / 2:30 pm

this looks really pretty. i got starlet and i love it. there’s some swatches on my blog if you would like a look
    x

3. KIRSTY
    November 10, 2010 / 3:18 pm

I was also about to be charged £5.50 for it but I lady went and checked for me as I clearly remembered it saying it was £5! I was right so they deducted the 50p off thankfully! I really like it so far and I have been using it everyday 🙂 misskirstyadores.blogspot.com

4. sweetest_potato
    November 10, 2010 / 3:29 pm

I’ve got Diva and I love it. It’s a really pretty pink that’s good for adding a flush of colour. It’s not too glittery either, which is good. I’m really impressed with the Accessorize range.

5. November 10, 2010 / 4:23 pm

accessorize makeup line looks amazing!! i’m dying to try it out.. and everyone seems to be raving mostly on the blushes! I must admit they look to die for.. shame on the colour pay off though. xoxo

6. November 10, 2010 / 5:21 pm

At first glance, I would have guessed that it was too pale, also. It looks relatively nice, though. Still worth it! 😉

7. germangreeneyedmonster
    November 27, 2010 / 8:34 pm

I bought two nail varnishes and a double eyeshadow with the superdrug 3 for 2 deal and got charged 50Pence too much as well…annoying!

8. November 27, 2010 / 11:56 pm

Such a pain, should have gone back when I realised but it seemed silly for such a small amount. But still – more the principle of it!