I don’t need any more scented candles. SAID NO BLOGGER EVER. It’s officially candle season, not that I’m against a little candle-burning year round, but right now my house resembles a shrine of some sort with candles burning left right and centre. Well, not quite as I am always a little concious of the safety element where I don’t want to leave them unattended for long and all that. But I have candles dotted all around the house – both scented and unscented. But to be honest, a scented candles are something I’ve long had a weakness for and these five are some of my festive candle favourites.
- The White Company Pomegranate Botanical Candle £25- I bought this for myself the other day when on a little The White Company splurge. Honestly, I would buy every thing in that shop if I could. Even the baby clothes regardless of having a baby or not. It’s all just too pretty. This one I bought because I already love the Pomegranate fragrance – it’s lovely for this time of year as it’s a sort of juicy warm scent. The medium botanical candle was chosen because it was nice and chunky and was ideal for in the middle of our dining table when sat on the little The White Company candle plate. I can see myself buying many more of these as I really just can’t get enough. Bring on ALL the Pomegranate scented things.
- Neom Christmas Wish Candle (Limited Edition) £34.95 – I’m already on to my second of these beauties. When it comes to home fragrance and candles there really aren’t many that do it any better than Neom. They just manage to create the sort of gorgeous candles that smell amazing and really fill a room with scent. The Christmas Wish one is no exception – the glass is dotted with gold to give it a modern festive feel and it smell of that sort of fresh mulled wine scent. A blend of mandarin, cinnamon and tonka bean. So just the right fit between fresh and spicy. It’s just gorgeous.
- The White Company Winter Candle (Seasonal) £20- Did you know, it’s not officially Winter until I’ve bought the The White Company Winter Candle? Well, it’s now officially winter as on my recent spree I picked this up (this was the one thing I technically went in for…) and it’s just as good as I remembered from last year. There are similarities to the Neom as it’s a mix of orange with sweet cinamon and clove. All in all it’s a beaut. I’m very much tempted to stock up on more so I can burn this all winter long.
- Diptyque Feu de Bois £40 – I can’t have a wintery candle round up without a reference to a burning log fire. The one thing that was on my list when we were looking for a house that we don’t have here is a log fire – I just love them. Immediately make a house both smell and feel cosy and homely in my opinion. But as we don’t have one and I don’t fancy a gas based equivalent I’ll have to make do with a fancy Diptque candle! Oh the hardship! I jest, of course…. but this one is a gorgeous scent and really does capture that roaring log fire smokey fragrance in a way that feels cosy but doesn’t make you think you’re going to need to clear the walls of all soot and fire related dirt. Plus you get to have that all important Instagram worthy candle – what is it about that label that takes it from humble candle to must-have luxe item?! Whatever it is, it works for me and I want!
- Crabtree & Evelyn Noel Candle (Limited Edition) £29 – Probably the most festive of the bunch. With red glass, gold label and a perfectly festive scent that fills the room. This is another one I’ve immediately fallen in love with! It’s one that brings that lovely fresh pine needle type fragrance with something a bit warm and mulled-wine like. There’s a bit of a theme emerging here isn’t there?! I seem to love all things mulled wine… This one is also £29 which I think is pretty good value when it’s a good chunk bigger than the trio in the middle.
*PR sample or gift